Ensuring your are prepared for your appointment helps you and your doctor get the most out of your visit.
Things to bring to your appointment:
- Health card, personal identification;
- Information on any other personal medical coverage plans that you have;
- Any health records, test results, or X-rays that you’ve been asked to bring;
- The name and phone number of whom we should contact in an emergency;
- A list of all medications you’re currently taking, including prescription and non-prescription medications, as well as any vitamins, supplements, herbal and homeopathic remedies;
- A list of other health professionals you’ve recently consulted, why you went to see them, and what they told you.
Before you arrive, be sure you know:
- Which doctor you will be seeing;
- Why you are coming to see them;
- What time you should arrive and any admission procedures you will go through;
- If you will be able to drive home;
- If there are certain things you should avoid; and
- If there are certain things you should do.
To fully understand your condition there are certain things you may want to ask your doctor, such as:
- What caused this condition?
- What are my treatment options?
- Which option is best for me, and why?
- How will my lifestyle be affected, what will I need to change?
- What am I doing right?
- What am I doing wrong?